[sword-devel] Verses not in sequential order - front-end problem

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Apr 16 15:51:14 MST 2005

DM Smith wrote:
> I took a look at your example and I don't know if it matters, but it has
> been posted here that using milestones for verses is a bad thing.

Actually, encoding <verse> tags with milestones is the OSIS best
practice recommendation. If you have an extremely simplistic Bible
without anything like paragraph or poetry formatting, you can go ahead
and use <verse> containers, but in all other circumstances, the
book/chapter/verse hierarchy is to be subordinate to the
book/section/paragraph hierarchy. Book/chapter/verse is viewed as a
foreign system placed over the inherent organization of the text.

--Chris