[sword-devel] Information for beginning Windows BCB 6 Developers

Barry Drake b-drake at supanet.com
Sat Apr 16 12:40:44 MST 2005

Hi there ...........

Wade Maxfield wrote:

>  This is a compilation of notes to hopefully assist beginning
>developers in the Windows Environment.

Thanks for this.  I was going to write something like it myself when
(if) I finally get it fully working.  First, can I say that there's a
free package of Builder 6 Personal currently available for download at
the Nokia site:  http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,034-49,00.html
You have to register first on the Nokia site and then with Borland, but
it's free.  The edition is described as 'a restricted version', but the
restrictions don't seem to affect the Sword build.

Can I add that the project group file I started the build with is the
one called swordprg.bpg in the BibleCS directory.  This one seems to
work OK for me (with a bit of tweaking).  Also, one of the 'features' of
this personal version of Builder 6 is that it needs to start with the
.bpg files rather than the .bpr files, according to the documentation.

The TntWare package Wade describes doesn't seem to contain the .hpp
files that the Sword compile is asking for, so I'm investigating
further.  I may need to do a build of TntWare first and I haven't done
that yet.  That apart, the Sword api library builds OK and the ICU
libraries too.  That's as far as I've got up to now.

Can I suggest that all of these 'newbie' hints get put in a doc-file on
the web site?

Kind regards,
Barry Drake.