[sword-devel] module making problem - U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND

Don A. Elbourne Jr. delbourne at cox.net
Wed Apr 13 05:37:02 MST 2005

Running mod2imp results in a mangled imp file. A few of the lines start
with a $$$ and no date, other lines start with a date, and no $$$, and
some of the dates are out of order. The file only goes through Jan. 6. I
do not see any ryme or reason to the placement.

Chris Little wrote:

> This is an error coming from ICU (not Sword) and I don't believe it is
> any problem. If you have a question about whether your data is being
> preserved correctly, you can do imp2mod on your input file followed by
> mod2imp on the resulting module. Then diff the two imp files and see
> if there's any difference.
>
> --Chris
>
> Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:
>
>> I am creating a new Daily Devo module out of Joseph Philpot's "Daily
>> Portions." I have created an imp file and I'm using the latest imp2ld
>> tool on WinXP.
>>
>> I get output like this:
>>
>> 12.30
>> from: U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND
>> from: U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND
>> from: U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND
>> from: U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND
>> from: U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND
>> 12.31
>> from: U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND
>> from: U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND
>> from: U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND
>> from: U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND
>> from: U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND
>>
>> You can see my imp file here:
>> http://elbourne.org/temp/philpot.imp (640 KB)
>>
>> What character could be flagging the errors and what should I do to
>> correct it?

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org/