[sword-devel] Newbie (And BCB6 Development hiccups)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 11 03:08:05 MST 2005

Wade Maxfield wrote:

>  The First link's instructions (see below) don't work because TheSword has
> moved from CVS to SVN, and the instruction page that is linked to about
> checking out of CVS is _gone_.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've updated the Wiki page to reflect the
current state & methods.

>    It would be really nice to have a .zip file that you can download
> (without using SVN) that builds once you've unzipped it into a directory,
> using BCB6.  It can be an older "frozen" system, it would just be nice.

Archives (absent icu-sword) can be found here:
http://www.crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/source/v1.5/

Those include what now consist of the sword and biblecs SVN
repositories. They are .tar.gz files, but WinZip will handle them fine.

>   Also, if you click on "Task List" under developers section at
> http://www.crosswire.org, you get a  SourceForge page with an Error,
> indicating that the "Project has turned off Task Manager."

Task List links have been removed. Links to our TWiki ToDo list and to
the Jira bug tracker (which have replaced it--but maybe we should just
pare down to Jira) have been added in its place. Again, thanks for
pointing this out.

--Chris