[sword-devel] Re: Christian Distro

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Tue Apr 5 13:59:39 MST 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 edb_fpcc op comcast.net wrote:

> > > The entire KDE menu structure is WAY too complicated. It should be streamlined
> > > down to just a few menu entries, with organized submenus. I know this is
> > > possible, because the Multimedia menu is subdivided into Sound, Video, and
> > > Viewers. This is excellent - let's continue this all the way through and
> > > SIMPLIFY.
> >
> > Sub menu's are NOT simplifying in my book. It means more work to navigate
> > and more room for errors. (When they exposed me to windows XP I was
> > seriously annoyed to find this kind of RSI inflicting sub-sub-sub-sub
> > menu's becoming the standard.)
>
> Ah, but you've hit upon the point exactly. The sub-menu IS the standard. It's certainly the standard that the non-Linux user is used to seeing. This brings us back to the purpose of IchthuX - EVANGELISM... both of the gospel of Jesus Christ and of the freedom of Open Source.

It is NOT a standard. I know most of the windows users I have seen
reverted to old menus as soon as they found out how to do it.

However if you intend it to be a single purpose CD kit I suggest you strip
out anything beyond the gnomesword, bibletime and the likes. Keep it
simple and just strip it completely so it runs from CD and does work only
for the single tasks intended.

Hugo.