[sword-devel] BibleMemorizer - Sword as plugin? (Licensing)

DM Smith dmsmith555 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 21:28:10 MST 2005

Jeremy,

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish by switching to the X
license or similar. It says that anyone can take your code and, as long
as they don't remove/modify the license statement, they can use it as if
it were their own. Their only responsibility to you is to supply the
unmodified license along with the software they develop from it. There
is no responsibility for the users to identify whether or how they
modified your code. If they introduced problems, it could come back to
you for support as your's possibly would be the only name on it.

Specifically, someone could take your code, modify it or not, and sell it.

Is this what you want?

DM