[sword-devel] 1 bug left for 1.5.8

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Apr 3 23:43:41 MST 2005

Christopher,
	I've had a quick look at your test file, and although it validates
against the schema, this does not mean that it is valid OSIS (including
invalid osisID elements), it also doesn't seem to comply with the best
practices OSIS user guide.

	Thank you for spending the time to come up with this document.  It will
be great to use when we try to make our import tools handle most any
case that might come up.

	I have fixed the Windows UI for </p> not being imported correctly.
This is indeed a bug in the osis2mod importer.

	I'm sure osis2mod has many things that it cannot do right now which you
would like and which it should do.

	Having said this, we have encoded very complex Bibles including the
NASB and ESV into OSIS and successfully imported them with the osis2mod
tool.

	It is important for us to progress this tool to support more types of
OSIS markup which are valid, but advancing this tool does not have any
bearing on the engine and it is my opinion that it shouldn't hold up its
release.

	I would like to help you get your Bible encoded into best practice OSIS
encoding, and even stricter encoding which our tool will support.  Might
I send you an excerpt from our NASB module that you can mimic, so you
can get your Bible working with SWORD?

	Please don't take this wrong.  I really want to help you, but don't
have the time myself to make this tool work for all of these variant
encodings right now, and no one else seems willing to step up and do it
either.  And we really need to get a labeled version out the door so
frontend developers can have something they might release against.

	I hope this is understandable and that you know I don't want to imply
that your contributions and Bible are not important.

	-Troy A. Griffitts.