[sword-devel] Localization

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Sep 12 10:54:07 MST 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Linas Spraunius wrote:

> I would like to ask you what I need to translate in order to see the names of
> the Bible books in my language in the program like BibleTime. I have made the
> sword module of Lithuanian Bible and I use it with BibleTime. However names
> of the Bible books I see in English. Do I need to translate something in the
> sword engine or BibleTime program?

Could you enhance your question with relevant details?
 - What language are you referring to?
 - How have you set this language?

Much of this information can be obtained from some variables you can see
in your favorite shell. (First of which is the LANG variable.)

Assuming bibletime does not use private lists it will use the ones from
the sword libraries. These are commonly found in the directory
/usr/share/swor/locales.d or your local equivalent.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij op vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.