[sword-devel] Converting files

Lynn Allan l_d_allan at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 26 11:04:23 MST 2004

Hi DNR (aka David :-),

Your email gets me re-thinking an approach to a "Sharing Bible" tract
that contains lots of verses. The web-version is currently put
together with html+css2+php.

The paper versions are bifolded/duplexed booklets. They are currently
prepared from Ms Word (or Ms Publisher) and then converted using
pdf995. Earlier, you (or Costas?) suggested looking at pdf files as a
better approach.

I'd like to move towards OSIS such that .pdf files could be
auto-magically generated (xslt+fop?) for web viewing and then
downloaded and printed by individuals or organizations. I'd appreciate
your thoughts and input if this seems feasible. I'm an OSIS newbie.