[sword-devel] NASB Online Bible Translation and Online Bible Conversion

Thu May 27 15:24:18 MST 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 05:55 pm, john marchant wrote:
> I know Sword does not have NASB, but I saw a tool to convert Online Bible
> stuff to Sword.  So, why not just by the NASB, NKJV, etc. for OLB and then
> just convert it to Sword?  Does Lockman, etc. or other copyright people
> care what I do with the translation that I own as long as I don't sell or
> distribute it? The only inconvenience would be going to another site and
> doing the conversion.  Sure, it is an extra step and not one that lends to
> ease in using your system, but for now, it might work find.

We will have our own NASB onsale at the lockman foundation website at some
point in the (near?) future. And such things may not be as legal as they
appear at first. Purchasing a key to unlock the OLB NIV may only give you the
right to use the NIV in the OLB just like purchasing a NIV study bible
doesn't give you the right to have a large print reference bible without
purchasing it separately.