[sword-devel] Dictionary problem in sword cvs

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue May 18 03:19:03 MST 2004

The dictionary keys are stored in in uppercase if language-applicable.
So when you search for Aaron, the lexicon driver algo does a binary
search for AARON.  If its toupper fails, then a logical binary search
for Aaron would effectively produce Baal, (a > Z) so Aaron would
logically be filed after AZUTHUTH, and before BAAL.

We now provide a way for non-ICU builds of sword to supply to toupper
function that sword uses.  The Bibletime guys do this with a Qt call.
That way, they still get real UTF-8 toupper calls, without the need to
include ICU.

We probably broke the non-ICU/non-supplied toupper code.  I'll have a
look at it soon. (or Joachim could see why the old logic isn't getting
called in this configuration (hint-wink).

Hope this give you some idea of where we're broken,

	-Troy.