[sword-devel] suggestion for locales /abbrevs

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu May 6 13:36:48 MST 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Daniel Glassey wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 19:33, Chris Little wrote:
> > There are also a few (roughly 4, I'd guess) "extra" books that belong to
> > the NT.  Can we leave space at the end too?  Or does it really matter
> > since we can re-order books for presentation from their internal
> > ordering (I assume/hope).
>
> I was originally thinking that all the new stuff should go at the end
> but it gets kinda messy with the upper bound if there is a book with a
> higher number than Revelation that may or may not be there. Do you know
> if the "extra" bits generally go in the middle of the NT or are they
> added after Revelation? As long as nothing goes after Revelation it
> should be possible for the RefSys to specify an order for the books as
> well as what is there - good point, need to look into reordering.
> The frontends will have final say on presentation anyway.

Laodiceans might come before Revelation, but things like the Shepherd of
Hermas would follow, in those few manuscripts that include it.  Purely in
terms of re-ordering, there will also be some traditional OT Apocrypha
that follow Revelation in appendix, in some editions.  But I think their
"canonical" location should still be intertestamental.

--Chris