[sword-devel] FlashCards

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:03:56 -0700

Hey guys,

	http://crosswire.org/~scribe/FlashCards.zip

     Here's a first rev of a small new project: FlashCards.  It seemed
like an item in demand...  So, here it is with the editor.  It sucks, I
know, but it's basically functional for a first release.  Uses the text
control and Input Methods we wrote for the Leningradensis work (Project
eL) a while back. Included are a few Greek lessons.

     It has the ability to assign a font to a lesson.  It's not tested
really well.  I didn't have a good Greek font readily available.  It
seemed Java's built-in font worked better than the one I tried.  I'd
love to hear the feedback of how it works with SBL's new font, or any
other Hebrew font.  I think Hebrew will still be shifted left in the
editor, but should go RtoL automatically.

     Just unzip it to a folder somewhere and double-click on either
Flash.jar or FlashEditor.jar (for the lesson editor).  You might need to
copy any custom font .ttf file you'd like to try out to the FlashCards
folder.

     If it doesn't run when you double click, you probably don't have
Java on your box.  Goto: http://java.com and click "Get It Now!"
(upper-right). Then go back and try double-clicking the .jar again.

     Let me know if it's useful or if you have ideas.  Hoping to have a
PocketPC and maybe Palm package ready for testing, as soon as I can
understand the state of free Java VM's on these devices.  Any insights
would be helpful.

         -Troy.