[sword-devel] Sample OSIS files updated <q ...> with n=""

Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:39:59 +1000

In anticipation of probable changes to the OSIS documentation, the following Scripture documents have been updated to include an n="" parameter in all <q ...> elements when that element is not supposed to be used to generate any punctuation that is not already in the text of the Bible translation as Unicode characters. When the OSIS specification is updated again, we anticipate updating these files again, at least in the disclaimer commentary and possibly also in the referenced schema version, as may be appropriate. We may also move traditional Hebrew psalm titles from plain Bible text to title elements, if the new Schema allows.

American Standard Version (1901)
http://eBible.org/asv/asvosis.zip

God's Living Word (John & John's Letters only)
http://eBible.org/glw/glwosis.zip

King James Version (with Apocrypha)
http://eBible.org/kjv/kjvosis.zip

Melanesian Pidgin (Papua New Guinea)
http://eBible.org/pdg/TokPisinOSIS.zip

World English Bible (with partial Apocrypha draft)
http://eBible.org/web/webosis.zip

World English Bible: Messianic Edition, also called the Hebrew Names Version
http://eBible.org/hnv/hnvosis.zip

The program used to generate the above from GBF source is at http://ebt.cx/translation/gbf.htm.

The text of the above files are the same, except for the Melanesian Pidgin text (which has a couple additional corrections based on the printed edition), and the World English Bible (both editions), which is still undergoing language updates, in the Old Testament.