[sword-devel] Re: Osis-Editors

Arthur Bolstad sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:00:11 -0700

As an exBible Translator and a practising Lutheran Pastor, I have to
agree that whether or not a piece of text is a quote is part of the text as is
the basic nature of other punctuation.  On the other hand, how that
punctuation is expressed is quite language and stylistically determined.
For example, Koine Greek does not have quotation marks as such, but
uses grammatical structures to indicate quotes.  Again, if I am writing an
article it is important to indicate which parts of it are quoted from
someone else and which are my own words.

So I would like to see quote marks treated as text in Osis [although I
haven't been able to figure out the Osis system enough to use it yet.
I'll get there.

Art Bolstad