[sword-devel] towards a "clean" RSV - attn: Chris/Troy, other stuff

Joshua Holman sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 04:39:16 -0500

In recent months, there have been complaints as to the quality of the
RSV module. Most of what I read seems to place blame on a faulty source
text.  Has anyone considered contacting a group named the Center for
Computer Analysis of Texts? AFAIK, they have had the RSV for a number
of years now. Alexander Pruss made the RSV available for download for
PalmBible+. He required people who downloaded the file to (snail) mail
in a signed RSV license form. To see the form, go to:

http://www.ccel.org/olb/tolbss/components/txt/rsv.txt
http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/ap85/rsv.html
http://www.hti.umich.edu/r/rsv/user.html

I think this could be the way towards a clean RSV text.

Recently the SWORD project made Wikipedia. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword_Project

I realize there has been a lot of angst over c/r'ed modules. After
reading Troy's words, I have an idea. How we 'rank' the publishers who
would be the most friendly towards us and our goal to the least
friendly and go on from there?

Joshua Holman

--
Joshua Holman - joshua at sillydog dot org
AIM: mozillaguy - Y!: hoshie331