[sword-devel] ESV Sword modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:45:11 -0800

David's Mailing List and Spam Receiver wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 March 2004 02:02 pm, Chris Little wrote:
>
>>The electronic ESV that comes with the paper copy is in a proprietary
>>WORDsearch format, despite the fact that WORDsearch "supports" STEP.
>

> It does support STEP, I've got an NLT deal for free at a festival. Several of
> the commentaries are STEP even if the NLT itself isn't.

My point was that, while the software supports reading STEP content, the
company didn't seem to support the standard very much since they we're
maintaining and publishing in a proprietary format.

And, for what it's worth, our STEP converter is incomplete and
unreliable, so it wouldn't help much anyway.

--Chris