[sword-devel] Search up to 5.8 times faster now :)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Jun 2 18:38:32 MST 2004

Does this only affect the multi-word search (not the phrase or regex
searches)?  It seems like we could achieve a similar gain in performance
for the phrase searches by splitting phrases into individual words,
applying your algorithm (search raw, then strip, then search again) to
limit the pool to those verses that include all of the words (regardless
of order), and then performing the current phrase search algorithm
(strip filters, then search) on that pool.  Just a thought.  There might
be some flawed logic that hasn't occurred to me.

--Chris