alternate versification was Re: [sword-devel] Other Bible versions

Daniel Glassey danglassey at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 7 12:06:27 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 02:24, Gabriel Burca wrote:
> >> Finally, I'm a programmer, I'd like to help, is there anything that I
> >> can do, or stuff that I should read to see if I can get involved?
> >
> > The todo list is at www.crosswire.org/todo .
> >
> > --Chris
>
> I don't see any mention of alternate versification schemes in the TODO list. Does that
> mean it's already done, or not planned to be done? Or is it just not included in the
> TODO list?

It's hidden in there but I think it is there
http://www.crosswire.org/ucgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/SWORDTodo

"in 1.5.50 include dynamic versification system"

also
http://www.crosswire.org/ucgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/TroyAGriffittsTodo
"Variable Versification"

> If it's not already done, does anyone have a rough timeframe of when it should be
> available? Is it rated as a low/mid/high priority?

Among current developers low/mid would be my guess. If anyone does come
along that would like to contribute and has it as a high priority then
I'm sure they would be welcome.

There is a prototype (versekey2) in CVS but it is still up for
discussion as to whether that will be the final form and way to do it.

Regards,
Daniel