[sword-devel] NET Bible

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Jul 1 13:38:35 MST 2004

I would say you can go ahead and contact BSF if you want, but a couple of
things have changed since that mail went out.  The main change being our
adoption of OSIS.  I have an OSIS version of NET at some stage of
completion and can get that done in the next few weeks.  However, we would
no longer do two separate modules for text & notes.  And it is not
currently possible to encipher portions of a module (e.g. just the notes).
So they would probably need to give away a stripped NET and sell a full
version, rather than giving away the text & selling the notes.

Also, I don't know the feelings of others with regard to third party
distribution of modules.  In cases where they're just distributing one
module, especially, I think it's a bit of a disservice to our users since
they could not use InstallMgr for installation and updating as
conveniently as it is at the moment with a single download site.

--Chris