[sword-devel] Polish Bible

Wojciech Bartmiñski sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:12:36 +0100

What should we do to make it possible to add module with Polish Biblia
Gdanska to the official library of the Crosswire B.S.?

(module was encoded with OSIS tags by Wolfgang Schulz some time ago).
(module with this Polish Bible based on the same e-text was added to
e-Sword 2 months ago, but there is no UI in Polish for e-Sword).
(and we prepared module with this translation in November'03, for
windows - as we knew very little abt. other OSs).

My second question is: Is it OK to apply for the agreement of the
copyright owner to unlock  the module with polish Biblia Tysiaclecia?
(and for some other polish translations)? This applying would be far
more difficult without at least one module with old translation (such as
the above mentioned Biblia Gdanska).

We have some place on some servers here in Poland, so my last question
is:
is it OK to ask for putting modules in Polish in the "official" Project
Sword library - or is it better to try to develop separate polish
version of the programs with our own download sites?

Or perhaps we should wait some time until the "more international"
version of Project Sword will be established?

In His service,

Wojciech Bartminski,
Warsaw, Poland