[sword-devel] Slight correction needed in the SpaSEV module

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:00:54 -0500

----=_RS_04023010226379_1074837746379

I discovered a slight error that may need correction in the Spanish SEV (Sa=
gradas Escrituras Version Antigua) module.

It has to do with 1. Cor 12:28.  Just thought I'd let you all know...

jth

-----Original Message-----
From: MARTIN STENDAL [mailto:rms05001@neutel.com.co]
Sent: Thu 1/22/2004 8:28 PM
To: Jeremy Hatfield
Subject: Re: 1 Cor 10:28 in SEV
=20
At 12:21 AM 15/01/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Bro. Russell,
>
>It seems that Crosswire (who publish the SWORD project) has obtained a=20
>copy of de Reina's 1569 Bible. I am not sure if the creator of that=20
>particular module was working off an older edition of your text, but=20
>here's a little discrepancy between their copy and what you have released=
=20
>to OnlineBible and Biola University (for use on their "Unbound Bible" webs=
ite).

>It has to do with 1 Cor 10:28.
>
>Crosswire's edition reads "Mas si alguien os dijere: Esto fue sacrificado=
=20
>a los =EDdolos, no lo com=E1is, por causa de aquel que lo declar=F3, y por=
 causa=20
>de la conciencia."
>
>The copy at Biola and OpenBible read "Mas si alguien os dijere: Esto fue=
=20
>sacrificado a los =EDdolos, no lo com=E1is, por causa de aquel que lo decl=
ar=F3,=20
>y por causa de la conciencia; porque del Se=F1or es la tierra y su plenitu=
d."

>Which is correct? I'll be happy to notify Crosswire if they left out the=
=20
>last sentence about the earth and its fullness being the Lord's.

[Russ Stendal wrote:]

The latter rendering (Biola and OpenBible) is correct and is in the last=20
three editions of the published Spanish Bible.  I am not sure where the=20
other came from.  Possibly from a pre-publication proof edition or they may=
=20
have left off part of the verse by some mistake.

The copy at Biola and OpenBible read "Mas si alguien os dijere: Esto fue=20
sacrificado a los =EDdolos, no lo com=E1is, por causa de aquel que lo decla=
r=F3,=20
y por causa de la conciencia; porque del Se=F1or es la tierra y su plenitud=
."

----=_RS_04023010226379_1074837746379

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<TITLE>Untitled</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
I discovered a slight error that may need correction in the Spanish SEV (Sa=
gradas Escrituras Version Antigua) module.<br><br>It has to do with 1. Cor =
ginal Message-----<br>From: MARTIN STENDAL [mailto:rms05001@neutel.com.co]<=
br>Sent: Thu 1/22/2004 8:28 PM<br>To: Jeremy Hatfield<br>Subject: Re: 1 Cor=
sell,<br>><br>>It seems that Crosswire (who publish the SWORD project) has =
obtained a <br>>copy of de Reina's 1569 Bible. I am not sure if the creator=
 of that <br>>particular module was working off an older edition of your te=
xt, but <br>>here's a little discrepancy between their copy and what you ha=
ve released <br>>to OnlineBible and Biola University (for use on their "Unb=
swire's edition reads "Mas si alguien os dijere: Esto fue sacrificado <br>>=
a los =EDdolos, no lo com=E1is, por causa de aquel que lo declar=F3, y por =
 "Mas si alguien os dijere: Esto fue <br>>sacrificado a los =EDdolos, no lo=
 com=E1is, por causa de aquel que lo declar=F3, <br>>y por causa de la conc=
iencia; porque del Se=F1or es la tierra y su plenitud."<br>><br>>Which is c=
orrect? I'll be happy to notify Crosswire if they left out the <br>>last se=
ntence about the earth and its fullness being the Lord's.<br><br>[Russ Sten=
dal wrote:]<br><br>The latter rendering (Biola and OpenBible) is correct an=
d is in the last <br>three editions of the published Spanish Bible.  I am n=
ot sure where the <br>other came from.  Possibly from a pre-publication pro=
of edition or they may <br>have left off part of the verse by some mistake.=
o fue <br>sacrificado a los =EDdolos, no lo com=E1is, por causa de aquel qu=
e lo declar=F3, <br>y por causa de la conciencia; porque del Se=F1or es la =
</BODY></HTML>

----=_RS_04023010226379_1074837746379--