[sword-devel] Re: WEB has missing verses

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:20:26 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Michael Paul Johnson wrote:

> The
> other is the lack of verse bridge annotation. For lack of a standard
> way to do it, I encoded osisID attributes as if they were osisRef
> attributes, allowing ranges, like
> <verse sID="Gen.1.6-Gen.1.7" osisID="Gen.1.6-Gen.1.7" />Bihain God i
> tok olsem, “Wanpela banis i mas kamap bilong banisim wara, bai wara
> i stap long tupela hap.” Orait dispela banis i
> kamap. God i mekim dispela banis i kamap bilong banisim wara antap na
> wara daunbilo.
> <verse eID="Gen.1.6-Gen.1.7" />

osisID attributes may contain a list.  The way to denote a bridge would be
to list all included verses.  Also, sID & eID need not match the osisID,
they must simply match each other, so a valid way of expressing your start
tag would be: <verse sID="Gen.1.6" osisID="Gen.1.6 Gen.1.7"/>

I'm sure we'll get better examples into the manual eventually.  A lot of
these things actually have been decided and defined, just not explained.
:)

--Chris