[sword-devel] Daily Verse Project

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:32:49 -0700

[sword-devel] Daily Verse Project> I'd like to compile a list of scripture
references that could serve as a
> "daily verse" for 2004. I want to compile a list of 366 passages for this
> purpose. Please stop by and add to the growing list. I'd like to have it
> ready by New Year's Eve. I'll make the list available to anyone that would
> like it.

Hi Don,

I have been meaning to contribute to your verse-a-day project, and finally
got around to it. Looks like you have most of the 366 "slots" accounted for.

If it helps, I can send several hundred verses from the InVerse Scripture
memorization freeware. This is a list from the NKJV, and reflects the
following:

* Ruth Graham Bell's "Scripture Treasury"
* Evangelism Explosion verses
* "Share Jesus Without Fear" verses
* Roman Road verses
* PCA "Discovery" verses (5th grade Sunday school)
* Awana Club memorization verses
* "101 Verses Every Christian Should Know"
* From Charles Stanley's InTouch monthly devotions
* Other sources

By the way, the "experimental plug-in subset" of the sword-api might be
applicable for this project. Using CanonVersification rather than VerseKey
(and all the dependencies it and the managers create), the resulting
executable could be dramatically smaller (and probably faster). On Windows,
it would probably be less than 80kb for a self-contained
VersePerDaySetup.exe, including nsis installer.

Hope this helps.
Lynn A.
l.allan@att.net