[sword-devel] Introduction

Andy Piper sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:26:47 +0000

Hi there,

I've just joined this list and for those who haven't yet met me
on IRC or on the GnomeSword lists I thought I'd post a short
introduction.

I started working on the GnomeSword project about 2 months ago
and I'm currently acting as a kind of project co-ordinator -
doing lots of the admin tasks, making releases, and generally
making sure that we stay on track [note to self: write a new
project roadmap so we know where the track is going].

A couple of weeks ago I started work on some modules - prompted
by the topic on the #sword channel asking for a module of The
Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah (nb I did submit a URL for a
completed version to sword-support@crosswire.org but it hasn't
turned up on any beta locations yet - Troy has an older copy
somewhere on Crosswire).

So my interest in SWORD is twofold, from my work on GnomeSword
and from creating modules. I'm a GNOME hacker with some C
skills, no C++, so I guess I'm more likely to create hassle by
asking questions and spotting bugs than adding anything new
directly in the engine.

Looking forward to seeing more progress!

Andy

NB Troy - I'm on the list - that means I can start asking
questions, right? ;-)

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy.piper@freeuk.com