[sword-devel] Re: [sword-support] action message: NETBible permissions

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:25:30 -0000

On 17 Feb 2004 at 23:28, David Austin wrote:

> WE have had requests to make our bible available so it can be used by
> sword users I am the permissions director and I am interested in
> exploring if someone already has taken our text and our 60000+ notes
> and made  locked modules so all I have to do is to work with you on what
> are the conditions for issueing unlock keys?

Thank you for your message.

I believe that one of the Sword contributors has produced a locked
module already of both the NET bible and the accompanying notes -
obviously this has not been released.  If I am incorrect in this
understanding, I can say that modules could be produced by
contributors and supplied to you.  There would be no charge for this
service, or for any upgrading or modification that was subsequently
required by you.

The locking system supported by the Sword project is in the form of a
twelve character alphanumeric key unique to the module in question.

The Sword Project is unable to sell modules or keys for a price.  We
simply have no means of doing this.  Any transactions involving money
would thus need to be carried out by yourselves or your agent.  We
would make no restriction on the use of the software with modules that
had to be paid for, and we would require no percentage of the copyright
fees received.  We would be happy to host the module as a
downloadable locked module, or to supply it to you for download from
your site.  You or your agent would need to deal with the question of
the issue of the unlock key.

The Sword Project leader is Troy Griffitts - you can e-mail him at:
scribe@crosswire.org

Many supporters and contruibutors on the Sword Project use the NET
bible and would welcome any arrangement that is able to be made to
make this translation and the notes available in Sword format.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk
for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com