[sword-devel] systemLocaleMgr change

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:22:34 +0000

Hi,
I've changed systemLocaleMgr from a static object in the LocaleMgr class
to a function. The way it was was potentially unsafe (ok, more than
potentially, I was bitten by it) because the order of creation of static
objects is unspecified. If you create a static VerseKey then its
initialisation uses systemLocaleMgr but there is no guarrantee that
systemLocaleMgr has been initialised first.

The only thing you have to worry about is that you have to change
systemLocaleMgr to systemLocaleMgr() in the source of frontends for
1.5.8

Regards,
Daniel

P.S. The same issue is there with FileMgr but I can't see anything being
static instantiated that uses it or depends on it so I haven't fixed
that in this commit.