[sword-devel] STEP status

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Aug 23 13:27:23 MST 2004

Graeme Nunn,
 	The STEP utilities were started before we had a 'General Book'
driver for the engine.  Now that such a driver exist, it should be fairly
trivial to write a STEP2GBS utility.  Conversion was the aim of those
tools, but you could also attempt to write a couple new low level STEP
drivers to read the books directly.  The larger issue will be with
converting RTF to something more general like OSIS.

 	Have a look at the existing conversion utilities: sword/utilities,
and also at the low level drivers at, e.g. sword/src/modules/text/rawtext
(driver reading raw textfiles as data source).  The conversion path seems
to me a much easier approach, accomplishable in a much shorter time.

 	Hope this helps,
 		-Troy.