[sword-devel] WEB update request

Kahunapule Michael P. Johnson Kahunapule at mpj.cx
Mon Aug 9 18:46:47 MST 2004

At 17:43 09-08-04, chrislit at crosswire.org wrote:
>I'm working on it.  I started working on it last week, but it takes time
>to add those <q> elements and fix other OSIS non-conformance issues.

The best way to fix those issues is to change the OSIS standard and change your reader, in my opinion. Second best might be to write an automated converter to change the OSIS files I produce to "conforming" OSIS. If you can't do that, then you prove my point about the OSIS standard being defective.

Apparently, I was wasting my time to try to support OSIS.

>In the future, I'll probably maintain the same OSIS document and do
>updates by producing diffs from the GBF version on which it is based.

That sounds like a lot of unnecessary work to me. Why not just read the GBF directly?