[sword-devel] BCB6 build???

Jonathan K. Mickelson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:47:20 -0400

--------------010606040000010403080002

The precompiled TDE, (Tutorial Development Environment) contains a
stable set of libraries and headers for icu 2.6.1 and of the Sword API.
It can be used to compile BibleCS unless the source code has been
modified to work exclusively with icu 2.8.

Again, the TDE, for BCB6 only, can be found here:
http://crosswire.org/ucgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/LsTutor01

I hope this helps in terms of continuing your development until the cbs
tree is back in sync.

Jonathan

Lynn Allan wrote:

>Would it be possible to make a .zip "snapshot" of a set of source code
>modules that can be built with BCB6?
>
>It seems that every so often, someone gets the source "sanitized" so it can
>be built ... then a day or so later it is out of sync again. Bummer.
>
>Lynn A.

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
The precompiled TDE, (Tutorial Development Environment) contains a
stable set of libraries and headers for icu 2.6.1 and of the Sword
API.&nbsp; It can be used to compile BibleCS unless the source code has been
modified to work exclusively with icu 2.8.<br>
Again, the TDE, for BCB6 only, can be found here: <a
 class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://crosswire.org/ucgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/LsTutor01">http://crosswire.org/ucgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/LsTutor01</a><br>
I hope this helps in terms of continuing your development until the cbs
tree is back in sync.<br>
Jonathan<br>
Lynn Allan wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Would it be possible to make a .zip "snapshot" of a set of source code
modules that can be built with BCB6?

It seems that every so often, someone gets the source "sanitized" so it can
be built ... then a day or so later it is out of sync again. Bummer.

Lynn A.

    <pre wrap="">No, in fact it is not possible to build BibleCS with BCB6 at the moment.

I had forgotten that separate BCB6 projects for icu-sword were added to
CVS, so I didn't update those.  If someone would like to update them to
conform to the BCB5 projects and commit the changes, that would be great.
I don't have BCB6 installed here (and won't have access to it for a few
weeks), so I can't do it myself.

I think the update is just a matter of loading the BCB5 projects in BCB6,
changing the output filenames to match those in the BCB6 projects, saving
over the BCB6 project files, and test compiling.

--Chris

sorry for bothering you (I am not very familiar with programming) but is
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->it
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">really possible to build biblecs with BCB6?

I've been trying some days using biblecs, icu-sword and sword files
(downloaded with cvs). I use BCB6 Personal version under win98.
icuinbcb6.lib is OK
with icuucbcb6.lib problems occur: after several warnings there are
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->numerous
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">errors (first is "unable to open input digitlst.cpp" which is located
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->not
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">where the program looks for it).

Should I go on trying to change paths and directories?
Following exactly advices concerning this item which were put on your
devel-list for one year, I only finished with over 250 compiler
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->warnings,
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">and 50 linker errors. By now, I really appreciate the work of those who