[sword-devel] Other religions?

Mete Kural sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 01:31:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone,

http://crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?beta=true&tester=true&modType=Books

Wonderful! Thanks a lot for the link. I just went
there and saw the the two Quran modules, Quran in
Arabic and QuranShakir. I installed both of them using
the Install Manager.

I also found Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, The
Hebrew Tanakh, and installed it using the Install
Manager. The Tanakh appeared on the left half of the
program window while the Quran appeared on the right
half. It was very easy to navigate through the Tanakh
by simply using the chapter and verse controls but it
is kind of hard to browse through the Quran since it
is on the right side of the program window which has a
different user interface than the left side. Also I
can take advantage of the parallel study option for
the Tanakh but I can't do that for the Quran. For
example, I can view the Hebrew Tanakh and the JPS
English translation of the Tanakh in parallel study
but I can't view the Quran and QuranShakir in parallel
study since it is on the right program pane instead of
the left program pane. Additionally the right program
pane does not seem to support right alignment for
right-to-left languages.

Is there a way to make Quran and QuranShakir appear on
the left program window pane just like Tanakh comes up
in the left instead of the right program pane in order
to take advantage of parallel study, better
navigational features and right alignment for Arabic?
Do I need to make a change in the Quran module to do
that?

I thank eveybody for their help.

God bless,
Mete