[sword-devel] BCB6 build???

Jonathan K. Mickelson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:56:35 -0400

Hi YAB,

Yes, it is really possible to build biblecs with BCB6.  When this
semester is over, I will write up some instructions on building biblecs
from the CVS tree.  Until then, consider using the prebuilt libraries at
http://crosswire.org/ucgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/LsTutor01

You will still need the cvs tree for biblecs.  Read the instructions and
follow as through as building the tutorial.  Also place the biblecs
directory into C:\yourdir\biblecs.

Open the BCB6 project called "sword.bpr" in C:\yourdir\biblecs\CBuilder6
and "make".

If I included all the instructions properly and you followed them
properly ... how's that for a disclaimer :) ... then everything should
work the very first time.  (oh, such a bold statement).

Of course, I was always told, "Whenever you give demo, never say
anything more prophetic than 'Watch this.' "

A Joyful Servant,
Jonathan

p.s. I've really spent a lot of time on Sword when I should have spent
time on my studies and final essays.  I wouldn't change it, but I'm
working real hard to play catch up.  I earnestly request and appreciate
your prayers concerning the excellent completion of my class work.  (by
the way, other Sword Developers are going through finals as well this
month and it might just be a nice and kind idea to pray for the whole
team.  We sure would appreciate it.  Thank you kindly.)