[sword-devel] A possible way to speed up was Re: Search optimized (still too slow)

Michael A. Peters sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 17:57:58 -0700

Is there anyone sponsoring the development of clucine?
I was unable to get it to build on my Fedora Core 2 Test 2 system - but
that's not surprising, there's other things (like gnomesword) that also
currently don't build.

But clucine looks like it could be so useful for so many things, it
seems like a good candidate for a bigger party to pick up and sponsor
development for the project.

I could see projects like scrollkeeper etc. from benefiting from such an
indexing system.

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 14:24, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> William,
> 	CLucene should still be a option for index searches.  I haven't tried
> it lately, but it is the indended route if you would like to use that
> search engine.  It not only is fast, but provides additional syntax
> options for search strings.  I don't know of anyone that has compiled it
> on the Mac.  It seems I always have a few small things I have to change
> in the code to get it to compile, depending on for what system I'm
> compiling it.  My hope is that we can supply some patches to improve the
> clucene build system.
>
> 	-Troy.
*snip*
--