[sword-devel] intro & rpm spec file

Michael A. Peters sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:58:07 -0700

--=-Xll98sEoVP46Xj0lMeHq

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 18:56, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> Attached is a spec file I wrote that works very well.

Woops - attached now ;)

--=-Xll98sEoVP46Xj0lMeHq

%define name sword
%define ver 1.5.7
%define rel 1
%define epo 0

%define __ldconfig /sbin/ldconfig

# set to 1 to utilize clucene
%define lucene_support 0

# prevent creation of package if unpackaged files
%define _unpackaged_files_terminate_build 1

%if %{lucene_support}
%define lucene_option --with-lucene
%else
%define lucene_option --without-lucene
%endif

Name: %{name}
Version: %{ver}
Release: %{rel}
Epoch: %{epo}
Source0: %{name}-%{ver}.tar.gz
BuildRoot: %_tmppath/%{name}-%{ver}-root
Requires: %__ldconfig
BuildRequires: openssl-devel
BuildRequires: curl-devel
BuildRequires: zlib-devel
%if %{lucene_support}
BuildRequires: clucine-devel
Requires: clucine
%endif
Requires: openssl
Requires: curl
Requires: zlib

%description
The SWORD Project is the CrossWire Bible Society's free Bible
software project. Its purpose is to create cross-platform open-
source tools-- covered by the GNU General Public License-- that
allow programmers and Bible societies to write new Bible
software more quickly and easily. We also create Bible study
software for all readers, students, scholars, and translators
of the Bible, and have a growing collection of over 200 texts
in over 50 languages.

%package devel
License: GPL
Group: Development/Libraries
Requires: %{name} = %{epo}:%{ver}
Requires: openssl-devel
Requires: curl-devel
Requires: zlib-devel
%if %{lucene_support}
Requires: clucine
%endif

%description devel
This package includes the header files and static libraries that are needed to build software against the sword API. You do not need this package unless you plan to compile sword related software yourself.

%prep
%__rm -rf %buildroot && %__mkdir_p %buildroot

%setup -q

%build
%configure %{lucene_option}
%__make

%install
%makeinstall
%__mkdir_p %buildroot%_datadir/sword/modules

%clean
%__rm -rf %buildroot

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc AUTHORS CODINGSTYLE COPYING ChangeLog INSTALL LICENSE NEWS README
%config(noreplace) %_sysconfdir/sword.conf
%_bindir/*
%_libdir/*.so*
%attr(0755,root,root) %dir %_libdir/sword
%_datadir/sword

%files devel
%defattr(-,root,root)
%_includedir/sword
%_libdir/pkgconfig/*.pc
%_libdir/libsword.a
%_libdir/libsword.la

%post
%__ldconfig

%postun
%__ldconfig

%changelog
* Sat Apr 03 2004 Michael A. Peters <mpeters@mac.com>
- updated version, with support for clucene

* Sun Sep 07 2003 Michael A. Peters <mpeters@mac.com>
- updated version, cleaned up spec file

* Sat Jun 21 2003 Michael A. Peters <mpeters@mac.com>
- Created initial spec file