[sword-devel] Re: subject idea (not so bad imho ;) )

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:14:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Daniel Glassey wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 14:15, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Daniel Glassey wrote:

> > > Why would you need to? Iiuir what you do is add a [flashcards] prefix to
> > > your message subject for flashcards messages etc, then if people
> > > receiving the list want to filter flashcards messages differently from
> > > other jsword-devel messages then they can.
> > >
> > > Hmmm ... sounds like a very good idea for sword-devel ;)
> >
> > It makes the real subject almost unreadable. This message showed up as:
> >
> >    135 Apr  1 Daniel Glassey      (4155) [sword-devel] [flashcards] Re: [jsword
> >
> > As you see not much room left for any usefull information regarding the
> > subject.
>
> The sword-devel and jsword-devel bits automatically get added by
> mailman. Obviously that would be switched off!
>
> btw if anyone is filtering on the subject take note that you can filter
> on other headers that are always the same like

List ID is not a vey good one. This mailman mailinglist can be identified
very will with: X-BeenThere: sword-devel@crosswire.org

Unfortunatly some email clients claim to be userfriendly and do not have
the ability to use any of these headers anyway. (Outlook Express is one of
these 'capabilities impaired'.)

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.