[sword-devel] Re: OSIS Web tool

Daniel Blake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:24:04 -0400

Having just looked at the first screen for a very short time, here is what I
have noticed.

Possibly make more of a contrasting color scheme.  Example:  The top menus
are a muted blue on a blue background.  This won't show up well on some
peoples monitors.  I had this same comment about my website.  One person had
to highlight my page just to be able to read it.  I think he had a bad
monitor though, but it is something I had to deal with.

Another thing that might be leading to confusion is this:

The borders on the buttons don't show up well.  I would make the borders
(gradiants) wider and again a color that stands out more from the main color
of the button.

The "Go" buttons are obviously buttons by there placement, but not by looks.
The "Go" buttons could be a little wider.  Maybe rename them "Search".  I
had to actually click on the "ADD YOUR TEXT HERE" button to know it was a
button.

To me the "Open Scriptural information standard" logo seems out of place.
It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the page.

The "Osis Library" drop down lists can make the page very long to scroll.
Is there something that could be done to change how that works?

I like how "Osis Library" descriptions show up.  I think framing the
description area and possibly shading the background would make it stand out
more.  The shadowed areas work well at drawing your attention.

Hope this is helpful.
Daniel Blake