[sword-devel] Is sword.exe already useful for Scripture memorization?

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:34:49 -0700

Inquiring (newbie) minds want to know:
* Is sword.exe already usable for Scripture memorization?
* If "yes", "mostly", or "definitely", then is there documentation on how to
go about this?
* If "not really", or "not at all", then is there an actual or perceived
need to incorporate a memorization module?

I've looked at the "Verse List" function, and it seems to provide a
tentative start at organizing a list of verses to track for one purpose or
another. The documentation in the "Help" was kind of sketchy and "stale",
however.

I'm an advocate of Scripture memorization, and have developed the simplistic
InVerse memorization freeware. I see significant potential for utilizing the
sword-api and the modules/text as a source of verses. This would be "loosely
coupled integration."

More interesting would be "tightly coupled integration", perhaps with
InVerse being a "plug-in".

There is screenshot that will give you a quick idea about InVerse at:
//home.att.net/~bibleinverse/Download/Psalms_119_11.jpg
There are a series of qarbon animated "slideshows", *IF* you have broadband
and your browser security settings don't complain.
http://home.att.net/~eeinverse/training.html

Does this seem worthwhile to pursue? Has this been discussed in the past? Is
this on some "to do" list for short-term or long-term implementation? Is
implementation in progress? Has a "use case" or design been discussed and/or
agreed upon?

TIA