[sword-devel] locale handling

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:04:48 -0600

Hugo,

The short answer is that the "various gnome applications" are doing
things incorrectly and violating standards if they think "nl_NL.UTF-8"
is a correct language code.

But we should probably still handle this for valid codes like "nl-NL"
that don't exactly match existing codes like "nl".  I don't know when it
will be done or by whom, but I added it to the sourceforge feature
requests list, so at least it won't be forgotten.

--Chris