[sword-devel] OSIS Web tool - Strong's numbers

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:57:29 +0500 (YEKT)

Troy,

On 28-Oct-2003 Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>       Thanks.  I'll try this out and see how it works.  I'm not sure if I
> should make the words into links and not even show the strongs numbers
> and morphology, then have the hover popup be over each word, or if it
> should actually show the numbers and popup over the numbers.  What do
> you think?

I think we need both mode with strongs and morphes and without these (as in
e.g. GnomeSword).

If strongs are not shown, there are good reason to make words links (better
optionally). Otherwise (when strongs are shown) words themselves should be
not links.

When morphes are show, mouse over them should popup Robinson/Packard entry.
When these are not shown, it is desirable to popup both Robinson/Packard
code itself and Robinson/Packard entry (entry with prepended code) when
mouse is over words. Less important: Here in popup also strong number can
be added (when strongs are not shown at all).

In any case popups should be optional (completely turnable off).

Popup over numbers is good to show the primary form (if browser supports
Greek font in popups).

Well, I've described a rather complex system. It for now propbably should
be implemented partially.

P.S. I now got the idea that we an abbreviate Robinson/Packard entries in
popups (browser may shorten long popups ending them by ellipsis): Gender->G
etc.

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com; http://ex-code.com)