[sword-devel] Windows CE bible reader

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:40:10 -0600

Johan,

I've been working on integrating your WinCE stuff with our CVS head, and
it is progressing fairly well.  (There are only a few unique errors
still being reported by the compiler.)

The work you did used Sword 1.5.5 as a base, and 1.5.6 introduced a lot
of additional complexity to our use of STL.  The WinCE implementation of
STL that you found isn't especially well done and leaves out a number of
member functions and operators that we use in Sword.  (But, to its
credit, a commercial version of STL for WinCE that I bought a while back
had similar defects.)  Once I have that fixed, and have handled a number
of file-access function calls that have been added since 1.5.5, it
should be ready to commit to CVS.

I don't know whether it is really feasible, but I will also take a look
at porting ICU and CLucene to WinCE.

I looked at the interface you made, and it looks like a good start.  I
have a feeling it suffers from the lack of OSIS filters.  A missionary
friend of mine down in Brazil asked me just a few weeks ago whether we
had a WinCE version, so I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that one is now
in progress.

--Chris