[sword-devel] HELP WANTED -- OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:53:46 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> The project aims to produce texts that are readable by low vocabulary
> pastors and missionaries-- typically people who don't have good
> resources in their native tongue but can read limited English.
>
> Currently they have a set of VBA macros for Word that allows their
> authors to check their work.  The process for installation is a little
> tedious for their user base.  You can find STOCK INSTRUCTIONS and their
> macros here:
>
> http://crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/ee

I am not at all an expert but I recall having seen that most environments
are language dependent. So what is a valid command in Enlish may not be a
valid command in the Dutch version.

I know that macro maintenance is a parttime job for our system
administrator. (And our company is under 80 persons and higly technical.)

In the end they may be better served with a solution that works regardless
of the local language of their OS and such.

But I am only parttime windows users (only during some business hours) and
there may be ways to get macro's to work in real life.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.