[sword-devel] KJVlite

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:45:53 -0600

The only reason I created the KJVlite module was for individuals who
wanted a truly public domain version of the KJV, unencumbered by Larry
Pierce's copyright claims.  At the time, he had given us permission to
distribute the KJV with Strongs but this didn't extend to third parties
wishing to redistribute Sword.  So KJVlite was created, without the work
Larry claimed as his own.

Since the KJV module itself no longer contains anything related to
Larry, there was no need to continue making the KJVlite available and it
was erased.

--Chris