[sword-devel] forums

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:00:26 -0600

Indeed, it was never the intention to move any developer chatter to
forums.  It is solely for user/community discussion.  And, as Troy
hinted, it's a replacement for sword-support in many cases.  Rather than
just write mail to the support list that will just be ignored, users can
now compare notes to resolve their own problems.  I think forums like
these are probably what more than 2/3 of the people on this list were
really looking for when they signed on, rather than a mailing list that
is supposed to be primarily technical in nature.

I wouldn't especially mind mirroring the forums to mailing lists (like
Yahoo groups basically).  But I think putting sword-devel in a public
forum would be pretty pointless and generally a bad move.  So I'm happy
there are technical obstacles to that.  If people want to read
sword-devel, they can use the archives.  If they want to post, they need
to join.

--Chris