Betr.: Re: [sword-devel] Compiling sword API 1.5.6 on OpenBSD 3.4

M. Ruff sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:37:00 +0100

Thanks for your quick reaction Daniel,

The reason I thought I needed Makefile.cfg and Makefile.post was that
the moment I did a 'make'  (after a ./configure), make complained it
missed these two files.
But okay, I'll try doing it with gmake or automake. Only the version of
automake distributed with OpenBSD 3.4 is too old to be used with sword.

The two header's missing are included in

{root}/src/utilfuns/zlib/untgz.c

#ifdef unix# include <unistd.h>#else# include <direct.h>           //
This one is missing# include <io.h>                 // This one is also
missing#endif
Seems pretty basic, but now I read this, it's probably the that 'unix'
isn't defined. I wonder why...
I hope I've helped you somewhat further with this.

Kind regards,
Martijn Ruff
The Netherlands

>>> danglassey@ntlworld.com 07-11-03 19:01 >>>
On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 15:23, M. Ruff wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been trying to compile the sword API 1.5.6. on an OpenBSD 3.4
> (i386) system, but when I do a './configure' followed by a 'make' ,
no
> 'Makefile.cfg' and no 'Makefile.post' are created. This will cause
> 'make' to stop. When I use gmake, the compilation starts, but after
> while, two header files are missing, causing gmake to stop also. (I'm
at
> work right now, so I can't look up which header files this are. If
> needed, I can post it later on).

the Makefile.cfg/post sytem was removed a few releases ago and
replaced
by an autotool (automake, autoconf etc) system. What makes you think
they should be there?

Knowing what the missing headers are would help.

Regards,
Daniel