[sword-devel] MOD2OSIS.EXE - FAQ?

ingo7 sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:07:45 +0100

Sorry for bothering you - I'm newbie and I have many questions - most of
them I answer myself but please - tell me how to save the output of
mode2osis.exe?
Are there any parameters which I should use in the command line?
I have a result which I can see on the screen (only last lines), but I
can't find the way to save it.
E.g. I write: mod2osis Clarke
and no file is created. Should I add any option (I was trying to add dos
commands, to invent options like -s, -l etc. but with no result).

OS: Win XP, Sword Project 1.5.6

Besides, you are doing really excellent work.
Wojciech Bartminski

-----Original Message-----
From: sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org
[mailto:sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Troy A. Griffitts
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 11:39 AM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] MOD2OSIS.EXE - FAQ?

Daniel,
	Not sure how valid the OSIS document will be that mod2osis.exe
produces.  I've actually never tried it on windows, myself.  OSIS 2.0
was released yesterday and we've not updated that program since 1.1.  It

might be a good starting point though.  Hopefully, we'll have it updated

in the next couple weeks.

	To get any of the commandline tools running, it's best to
confirm that
you have a working SWORD library installed by using one of the frontends

for your OS (like The SWORD Project for Windows).  It this frontend can
see and read your books, then the commandline tools should work as well.

  Just make sure they are in the same directory as the frontend
executable, to be safe, e.g. sword.exe

	From a quick look at your path, it would probably be:

G:\Programme\CrossWire\The Sword Project\

	Also the module names are case sensitive.

	Hope this helps,
		-Troy.