[sword-devel] How to turn OFF the floating on diatheke

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 18:07:55 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 30 May 2003 YTang0648@aol.com wrote:

> Anyone know how to turn tell diatheke not to generated those "Power By SWORD
> Project" div ?

If you're asking about server-side, just read the script and comment out
the section that writes the <script> element.  But I would appreciate if
you left some indication that Sword powers the diatheke, with a link back
to our website.

Better yet, don't use diatheke at all--instead, help develop the OSIS Web
Interface (http://www.crosswire.org/sword/biblenew/) since it is faster,
better looking, and a better interface.

If you're asking about client-side, you'll have to use IE or NS 3.x or
lower.

> Where is the installation instruction for diatheke?

I think there might be a README file in the distribution (or in the
diatheke directory of the sword distribution).  If not, the installation
is pretty simple: install sword & modules, install diatheke somewhere that
the werbserver user can find it, put the perl scripts in a cgi directory
where the HTML interface page can find it, post the HMTL interface
somewhere.

--Chris