[sword-devel] 1.5.6 todo

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 07:13:01 -0500

Troy,
	I'd love to follow-up with Crossway. Geoff Denis is one of my
contacts over there and they are just down the street. I wish it was
Tyndale instead of Crossway, as my wife works over there and I'm better
plugged in. But I should be able to get in the door to any of the
publishers in the Wheaton specific and Chicago in general area.

	Who would you like to write the letter to? (I.E. - What
management position(s)?) And I will get the contact information for you.

In Christ,

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org
[mailto:sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Troy A. Griffitts
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 8:46 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] 1.5.6 todo

Rob,
	The ESV module data has been given to us by the WWBS for their
NCV/ESV
project.  WWBS owns the rights to the NCV and has granted CrossWire
permission to distribute the NCV freely from our website.  WWBS DOES NOT

own the rights to the ESV, so this means we have to be careful not to
publicly distribute this Bible until we get some kind of permission from

the publisher.  Chris Little has done a great job converting the data
provided to us to an OSIS 1.1.1 document.  After last week's meetings,
this and many OSIS documents are not valid against the coming OSIS 1.5
spec. :)  I'm sure Chris would be willing, when he has the time, to
update the module.  There is a new utility in CVS osis2mod, which
operates to a limitted degree against the OSIS source that Chris
produced.  We could do a better job, but I would like us to support what

markup it does capture.  This is important before the WWBS release.

	I actually just received an email that states they will be in
Chicago
until June 5, so we might have a few extra days.

	All this to say:  If you would like to help, the next needed
thing
would be to obtain permission from the ESV copyright holder to
distribute the ESV by CrossWire.  If you would like to investigate
contact information so we might write them a letter, this would be very
helpful.

	Thank you for your willingness to help.

		-Troy.

robhines@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Heya,
> 	I am a newbie, but I decided that I wasn't going to bother
lurking to
> long. I'm very interested in the ESV translation and it appears that
> you are doing it in OSIS format? If so, I would love to contribute, as

> I had decided that I was going to convert it from plaintext to OSIS
> myself. I am just getting up to speed on the OSIS Schema and I was
> planning to get started with a converter utility this weekend.
>
> 	What is the current state of the module and what may I do to
help?

> In Christ,
>
> Rob

entryAttribute