[sword-devel] 1.5.6 todo

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 19:52:02 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Kahunapule Michael P. Johnson wrote:

> At 18:45 28-05-03 -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> >... After last week's meetings, this and many OSIS documents are not
> >valid against the coming OSIS 1.5 spec. :) ...
>
> Umm... what is changing with OSIS?
>
> I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I was thinking about revising
> some of my Bible text format conversion software to use OSIS.

Most of the really nasty stuff is going away, namely splitIDs.  There's
been some refinement to the milestone mechanism thanks a suggestion from
Troy and general displeasure with the current milestone scheme.  Lots and
lots of best practices were defined.  Lots of new osisDivs were defined.
<l> and <lg> were defined a little better, but I don't recall there
actually being any changes to the schema.  Minor tweaks & corrections.  I
think we added a script attribute, dropped lang (in favor of xml:lang),
& dropped ews universally.

Lots was accomplished.  Some stuff on the agenda remains to be addressed.

Most valid OSIS 1.1.1 documents will be invalid OSIS 1.5 documents, but
will require minor adjustment.  Very simple documents may actually be
valid against both schemata.

Really we're all going to have to wait about a week or so to find out
what's really changed, but it's definitely an improvement.

--Chris