[sword-devel] 1.5.6 todo

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 20:30:08 -0500

Heya,
	I am a newbie, but I decided that I wasn't going to bother
lurking to long. I'm very interested in the ESV translation and it
appears that you are doing it in OSIS format? If so, I would love to
contribute, as I had decided that I was going to convert it from
plaintext to OSIS myself. I am just getting up to speed on the OSIS
Schema and I was planning to get started with a converter utility this
weekend.

	What is the current state of the module and what may I do to
help?

In Christ,

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org
[mailto:sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Troy A. Griffitts
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 11:58 AM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: [sword-devel] 1.5.6 todo

These are the things that need to be finished for 1.5.6 to ship.  We
need to get the WWBS guys something by month's end so they can go to
press with a CD that will be included in their print NCV/ESV parallel
Bible.

Here's the list.  I could really use your help and from those with
valuable experience right now, as time is short.

new OSISFootnotes filter which adds the note to an entryAttribute a poor
beta of the ESV is on the alpha module download page to test against.

copy of the *HTMLHREF filter set to *WEBIF and allow base URL parameters

in [Globals] like VerseDisplayURL=passagestudy.jsp

other filters that use XML tags can be changed to use the new utility,
XMLTag, instead of looking for hardcoded string like "w lemma=", so the
order of attributes doesn't matter anymore.

osisrtf could be changed to show footnotes as e.g.<a href="*1a"> "1a"
matching the letter of the entryAttribute of the note then BibleCS could

change these to links (by copying the verseref code which already
changes verserefs to links).  Then the onURLClick even could check if
the url starts with '*' and if so, grab the note from the entryAttribute

of the '1' verse by the 'a' name.

table display of parallel verses in BibleCS

highlighting of found search words in BibleCS

Thanks for considering sacrificing your time.  We really need you.

	-Troy.