[sword-devel] [Sword n00b] -- Using the API in VC6

Robbert Dam sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 26 May 2003 19:20:53 +0200

Hi all,

I checked out the latest source files and successfully build the sword lib
using the VC6 project file (sword/lib/vcppmake/vc6/libsword.dsw).

Ok, now I like to use the API. I thought it was no big deal.. I took the
following steps:

Wrote a small (very small) source file:

 #include <swmgr.h>
 int main() {
     SWMgr manager();
 }

 I set the include dir to sword\include. I added to following line to the
 library includes listing: sword\lib\vcppmake\vc6\release. In project
 settings I added the the sword library: libsword.lib

 Ok.. then I click build.. I get the following error.. :

 main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
 SWMgr::SWMgr(char const *,bool,class SWFilterMgr *)"
(??0SWMgr@@QAE@PBD_NPAVSWFilterMgr@@@Z)

 I have no clue what I did wrong, it seems that the library is correctly
 located and loaded (when I remove the lib directory in the directory
listing
 the linker complains it can't find libsword.lib).

 Any ideas.. anyone?

 Thanks in advance

 --Robbert